Rates and Fees
- Each year, DAS and each of its internal service funds get their rates approved by the Utah Legislature. Any increase or decrease must first be approved before it goes into effect.
- FY2017 rates for all state agencies are contained in House Bill 8. If you wonder what DAS charges for its services, here are excerpts from HB8 that detail the services we provide and how much we charge.
- Unlike the private sector, DAS can’t change what it charges for services until the Legislature approves the changes.
Prior to meeting with the Legislature, DAS reports to a governor-appointed committee who then either approves or denies the proposed changes.
- The committee is presented with a comprehensive report that outlines each of the department’s internal service fund’s statistics and requests for rate changes.
When DAS rates rise or fall, the decision was made by analyzing these reports.
- Although our divisions vary in shape, size, and function, each of them is allocated a budget at the beginning of the year and are accountable for what they spend.
- Download each division’s budget here and see how what funds pass through DAS on an annual basis.