Rates and Fees
- Each year, the Legislature passes its “State Agency Fees and Internal Service Fund Rate Authorization and Appropriations” bill. This bill lists the rates and fees the Department of Administrative Services is authorized to charge for services provided.
- The authorized rates and fees for a specific fiscal year may be found by following the appropriate link available in this section. This legislation also authorizes DAS to charge fees when it responds to a request made under the Government Records Access and Management Act (For the fees in effect between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, see DAS GRAMA fees, lines 1717 through 1727).
Unlike the private sector, DAS can’t change what it charges for services without legislative approval. Approved rates and fees are available under “Rates and Fees”.
For programs that operate like a business (those that charge rates) statute requires DAS to present proposed rates to a governor-appointed rate committee. DAS provides the committee with a comprehensive rate information packet that provides data about each of the department’s internal service funds and requests for related rate changes. The Rate Committee either approves or denies the proposed changes. Its recommendation is then sent to the Governor for his consideration.
The links in this section provide access to recent rate committee packets, presentation slides, and meeting agendas.
Additional information about the rate committee and the rate process may be found in Utah Code Section 63A-1-114.
- Utah Code Section 63J-1-504 requires agencies to follow a process
- when they establish fees. This process includes a hearing.
- The Legislature provides budget information about the Department of Administrative Services and its
- programs online as part of the Compendium of Budget Information, or COBI.