- Category: Pages
- Published on Thursday, 23 August 2012 21:00
- Written by Shane Herzog
- Hits: 22676
About the Department of Administrative Services
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is a department of Utah state government. It's mission is to deliver support services of the highest quality and best value to government agencies and the public.
DAS is comprised of ten divisions or offices. These include:
- the Division of Administrative Rules;
- the Division of Archives and Records Service;
- the Division of Facilities Construction and Management;
- the Division of Finance; with the Office of State Debt Collection
- the Division of Fleet Operations;
- the Division of Purchasing and General Services; and
- the Division of Risk Management.
Main Office: 801-538-3010
Open M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
3120 State Office Building
450 N State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
Public Information Officer
- Kim Hood, Executive Director
- Rich Amon, Executive Deputy Director
- John Reidhead, Chief Financial Officer
- Marilee Richins, Operations Officer
- Sue Hoskins, Travel Coordinator
The executive director of the Department of Administrative Services oversees the operations of the department. She is appointed by the Governor with the consent of the Senate. She serves as a member of the Governor's cabinet. Kimberly K. Hood is the 12th executive director of the department.
The Department's 2013 Annual Report highlights the products and services available from the Department, and the accomplishments of the Department during 2013. This pocket-size report, with contact information for key DAS personnel, is a handy reference for anyone who relies on the services the Department provides.
DAS was created by the Forty-fourth Legislature in March 1981 with passage of the Administrative Services Act (Chapter 257, Laws of Utah 1981). The legislation consolidated the Department of Finance, the Department of Systems Planning and Computing, the Office of Personnel Management, and the Building Board in response to an organizational study of state administrative services by the Governor's Committee on Executive Reorganization. More information about the Department of Administrative Services is available here.
Send a comment or suggestion to the Department.